ISO 9001 is a standard that sets out the requirements for a quality management system. It helps businesses and organizations to be more efficient and improve customer satisfaction.
Any organization can benefit from achieving ISO 9001 accredited certification and implementing ISO 9001:2015 as its requirements are underpinned by universal management principles:
1. customer focus
3. engagement of people
4. process approach
6. evidence-based decision making
7. relationship management.
Implementing a quality management system will help you:
• Assess the overall context of your organization to define who is affected by your work and what they expect from you. This will enable you to clearly state your objectives and identify new business opportunities.
• Put your customers first, making sure you consistently meet their needs and exceed their expectations. This can lead to repeat custom, new clients and increased business for your organization.
• Work in a more efficient way as all your processes will be aligned and understood by everyone in the business or organization. This increases productivity and efficiency, bringing internal costs down.
• Meet the necessary statutory and regulatory requirements.
• Expand into new markets, as some sectors and clients require ISO 9001 before doing business.
• Identify and address the risks associated with your organization.